At the start of the year, I shared that a friend of mine had encouraged me to make a list of all the things I was going to do after I graduated. The thought is that as I go through my last semester – where I have the potential to turn it into two just by not staying motivated – I will have something to refer back to.
I thought this would be a good space to keep this list.
- Consistently post to this blog and Instagram. I actually like sharing my life with the world, but often feel like I don’t have the time for it.
- Make beautiful gifts for my friend’s children. While I’ve been focused on school, my forever friends have been focused on growing their amazing families and I have missed showers, first birthdays, second birthdays, etc. There’s no making up for time lost, but there is a chance to make sure they know they’re on my mind.
- Read for fun at least three nights a week. I don’t read anymore. I have a long list of books saved on my phone that I don’t ever look at unless someone is recommending a book to me. I might even consider doing that 100 books in a year challenge.
- Join some kind of athletic team. Softball? Roller Derby? Volleyball? I love playing sports but I don’t feel like I can commit to something like that right now. So I’ve been trying to pay attention to seasons and costs of things I used to love so that once school is over I can get started!
- Volunteer regularly. My greatest joys in life are typically connected to giving to others. But again, I don’t feel like I can commit to something additional right now so I’ve stuck with one-time service projects and I would really like to change that.